[USRP-users] Choice of central frequencies

Dario Fertonani dario.fertonani at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 18:37:00 EDT 2015

We have our LTE stack up and running, both UE and eNB on B210 boards. The
peak rate performance (achieved when the boards are fairly close) depends
too much on the central frequencies selected for uplink/downlink
transmissions. We know from other measurements that all frequencies tested
are interference-free and see roughly the same noise floor, hence the
problem may come from the boards themselves. Nothing in the code changes
across runs except for the central frequencies.

Given a master clock rate (for example, 15.36 MHz) and a sampling rate (for
example, 1.92 MHz = 15.36 / 8 MHz), is there a B210-friendly rule that
allows me to pick a pair of frequencies that will work as uplink/downlink
pair for full-duplex use? Something like avoiding integer multiples of the
master clock rate?

Thanks,
Dario