[USRP-users] USRP transmission power

alok ranjan alokranjan007 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 06:25:26 EDT 2015

Hello Marcus,

Thank you for your prompt reply on the mentioned question.  Since, I am new to the USRP community so I need some more expert suggestion from your end. I am just using the benchmark python script i.e. benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py  for sending and receiving. Please Find below my complete set up,

Say, benchmark_tx.py -f 500e6 -M 0.5 --tx -gain=30  --tx-amplitude=0.8 -m qam

using the same for benchmark_rx.py also.

Would you please comment that how can i get the transmission power at the above mentioned setup.

However, i am able to get the avg received power per sample at receiver. say for eg. 8.8836e-06.
 SO can I simply square the avg received power to get the transmitted power at that particular frequency and gain??

Thank you , Best Regards

Alok