[USRP-users] setting FPGA and AD9862 register values on USRP1

sanner at arcor.de sanner at arcor.de
Tue Apr 28 07:03:11 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Is there with the current UHD a command line tool for USRP1 to set various FPGA / AD9862 registers to given values? Basically, I am looking for a substitute for the deprecated usrper, e.g. for "usrper write_fpga_reg 65 100" and "usrper 9862a_write 5 4".

If there is no such tool in UHD, how else could I accomplish this individual register value writing?

To provide some context - I am trying to run the USRP1 as a PID feedback controller as suggested in

https://github.com/akeshet/USRP-PID-Controller

I guess that I can flash the usrp firmware and the custom FPGA bitcode via uhd_usrp_probe --args fw=/path/to/file.ihx, fpga=/path/to/file.rbf but I am somewhat stuck with the necessary register updates...

Thank you!
Christian