[USRP-users] Reading binary data from GNU Radio

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Mon Apr 27 09:28:06 EDT 2015

Hi Awantha,

in principle, you're right. GNU Radio stores away the complex numbers
just as they are in memory -- 32bit real, 32bit imag, 32bit real ...
Maybe you've got the data type wrong. What is the type of your file
sink? Most things in GNU Radio work with 32bit float complex, not 32bit
integer complex.

Best regards,
Marcus

PS: that's asked really frequently, thus, and especially for people who
might later find this mailing list thread in the archives:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#What-is-the-file-format-of-a-file_sink-How-can-I-read-files-produced-by-a-file-sink