[USRP-users] Using Xilinx CORDIC 4.0 on USRP N210 FPGA

Patrick DaSilva pdasilva18 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 09:12:57 EDT 2015

On the N210 FPGA, I'm passing the baseband samples through a Xilinx FFT IP core and am looking to take the magnitude of that output. I've found the CORDIC 4.0 core. This core requires the input samples to be between the range of -1 and 1 with 2 bits for the integer portion of the fixed point samples. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and if so what a recommended scale back factor is OR if there is another way to capture the magnitude of the FFT without using the CORDIC core.