[USRP-users] Sync issue between the two TX channels of X310

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 05:48:15 EDT 2015

Hi Michael,

> To be clear, set_time_now() will cause the VITA times on the 2 radios of
>> the X310 to be different and is most likely the cause of the
>> synchronization issue.  You must use set_time_next_pps() or
>> set_time_unknown_pps() to ensure the times are the same.  It is highly
>> recommend to use set_time_unknown_pps() as it takes additional steps to
>> make sure the times are synchronized.

Is there a way to synchronise the 2 radios without an external PPS? Is
there an internal PPS available to the daughter-boards when the clock is
set to "internal" on the mother-board? Or can we simulate something like
this?

We do have the Board Mounted GPSDO installed if that might help at all.

We have solved the problem before as mentioned with the OctoClock, but the
OctoClock is not available any more, and using the OctoClock to sync 2
radios on the same device is overkill.

Regards,
Carel