[USRP-users] B210 over Network?

Jason A. Donenfeld Jason at zx2c4.com
Mon Apr 20 06:09:16 EDT 2015

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:36 PM, Raj Bhattacharjea via USRP-users <
usrp-users at lists.ettus.com> wrote:

> There is no built in functionality to do this kind of thing in UHD. It
> would be great if Ettus provided a daemon that handled talking to the B210
> over USB and looked like an available USRP over the network (just like an N
> series). I see why they don't though: 1 GBPS of network bandwidth can't
> keep up with the 54 MSamps/s

I second the notion that it would be nice if Ettus provided a daemon that
made the B210 look like an N series. Some labs have 10gbps networking in
fact. For weaker networks, the B210's full bandwidth would simply not be
available, but the software would still remain useful at lower megasamples.