[USRP-users] Detecting if USRP contended via USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Thu Apr 16 15:03:42 EDT 2015

Hello Tyler,

the easiest way is most probably by means of asking your operating system.

If you're on linux, try

lsusb  -v -d 2500:0020|grep bcdUSB

if the value is 2.10, you're on USB3.

Generally, if you want to now that in a UHD program, get yourself your
device object, and do a query on the property tree; something like

double max_rate =
my_multi_usrp->get_device()->get_tree()->access<double>("/mboards/0/link_max_rate").get();

will tell you the maximum transferable rate.

Greetings,
Marcus