[USRP-users] NI USRP-2943R not found by uhd

Vincent CRAUET vincent.crauet at ifsttar.fr
Wed Apr 15 08:28:31 EDT 2015

Hi, I have some trouble with UHD. My USRP isn't recognized.

I use NI USRP-2943R on Ubuntu 14.04 Gnuradio Live SDR Environment.

https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/GNURadioLiveDVD

The UHD driver is supposed to be preinstalled so I connected USRP by JTAG/USB and it is found as « Future technology devices International, Ltd FT 2232C Dual USB-UART/FIFO IC».

I checked then uhd_find_devices function, it answers no UHD devices found.

I tried to reinstall the driver with ettus tutorial using these commands :

sudo bash -c 'echo "deb
http://files.ettus.com/binaries/uhd/repo/uhd/ubuntu/`lsb_release -cs`
`lsb_release -cs` main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ettus.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get
install -t `lsb_release -cs` uhd

My driver's version is UHD_003.008.001 and i see here ( http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_build_guide.html ) that the last release is 003.008.002.

Could 003.008.001 be obsolete for NI USRP-2943R ?

The Gnuradio live SDR Environment provides a "src" folder in which gnuradio, gnuradio libraries and drivers are stored.
In firmware folder, i see support for usrp2, b100, b200, e300, x300 but not for 2943R.
Do you have any clues of why this USRP is not detected ?

Thanks for your support.