[USRP-users] FPGA Replacement

Ian Buckley ianb at ionconcepts.com
Wed Apr 15 13:08:23 EDT 2015

If you are asking about rework, then yes you *could* rework a B200 to B210 FPGA. In practical terms I would never consider doing it. The chances of even a skilled rework professional doing it without impacting the board or other components are not at all favorable. Doing it yourself I guarantee it will not end well, nor will it offer you any warranty fallback. As far as using a different FPGA family, then no, no other family is footprint compatable with this Spartan6.

If you have a custom FPGA project in mind and feel you are short of FPGA capacity there may be creative ways to trim the factory design to increase available resources.