[USRP-users] USRP captured data information

alok ranjan alokranjan007 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 01:17:57 EDT 2015

Dear Marcus and Raj,

Thank you for your assistance so far.

I am trying to do some channel modeling for wireless communication in subway.  To accomplish this I am using two USRP1 having DB WBX connected to my pc over USB 2.0.

As I am new to both SDR and USRP , I initially used the two scripts i.e. benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py for transmission and reception.  I am sending baseband samples at different frequencies and modulation scheme at varying amplitude of TX. (The distance between the TX and RX was 5 mtr)

I have captured the transmitted data at different frequencies at receiver using uhd_rx_cfile.  As, the Marcus has mentioned that these captured data is in terms of I/Q complex format, 16 bit for each.

I am trying to simply measure the power in the signal i have recorded at receiver using uhd_rx_cfile. I want to do this analysis at different frequencies say 300 MHz to 5 GHz.

Another things i would like to do is capture the data with the moving receiver while the transmitter is fixed.

Now, I want to do some curve fitting (best fit, polynomial or linear regression) on the captured data therefore I converted the captured data into .mat format using octave. When i load the data in workspace in MATLAB, I am not getting how to start with the plot and do curve fitting for Recorded reception power level VS distance to further proceed for channel modeling

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

Thank you all for your time and endeavour  pain.

Best Regards,

Alok Ranjan
Graduate student
NIT, Rourkela