[USRP-users] USRP captured data information

alok ranjan alokranjan007 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:58:49 EDT 2015

Hello All list members,

I am new to SDR and USRP platform.

I have two USRP1 with the DB WBX for transmission and reception of data.

I used benchmark_tx.py script and benchmark_rx.py script for transmission and reception purpose with all the parameters.

I captured the transmitted signals using the command uhd_rx_cfile.   As the captured data  is in the binary format (complex 32, , i+j*Q), I converted the binary data into .mat file using octave.

I would like to know as the data is captured and stored in file, which kind of information it does contain with it.  Is it a RSSI value  at receiver or something else?

How can I know that what is X and Y in the captured file .

Please suggest and guide me so that i can further do data processing and analysis.

Looking forward for your response.

Regards,

Alok Ranjan