[USRP-users] Error "fifo ctrl timed out looking for acks"

Jonathan Verlant-Chenet jverlant at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 00:47:35 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm using 3 USRP N210 R4 controlled by one computer through a gigabit
Ethernet switch and Cat 6 Ethernet cables. The USRPs are commanded
through a c++ script lauched by a Matlab code. The host runs on
Windows with Matlab 2013a, VS2010 and UHD 003.008.000 (same version on
the device)

I'm getting the error "fifo ctrl timed out looking for acks" whatever
the parameters I put, something like 9 times out of 10 tries. I read
online that the "link" between the host and the devices might be down.
So I tried rebooting every part the equipment, or simplifying it to 1
Ethernet cable between 1 host and 1 USRP. The result is the same.

When I try with another computer (same model, but only matlab and the
UHD drivers are installed), the error does not appear.

Can you help me identifying the source of this error?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan