[USRP-users] B200 RX Additional Functionality Questions

Ian Buckley ianb at ionconcepts.com
Sat Apr 4 15:12:58 EDT 2015

Derek,
(You are specifically talking about B200 right? Not B210?)
In theory this can be done, but the stock FPGA image won't do it. You would want to use to use the radio in a 1 RX mode because this would allow the use of (upto) a 61.44MHz sample clock between radio and FPGA, rather than the 30.72MHz max when in a 2 RX mode. (B200 doesn't have 2 RX mode anyhow)
You would then want to take the B210 FPGA design, strip out the TX DUC's and buffer RAM so that it would fit in the B200's smaller FPGA, and then make one small alteration so that both RX DDC's are fed from the same (1 RX) sample bus. (At this point it would look very like the RX design of N210 with 2 RX DDC chains.).
From there you have a few details to deal with in UHD (2 DDC's operational, but AD9364 delivering a single RX stream). And finally a flow graph that uses offset LO tuning such that you position the LO at (for example) 22.5MHz between your frequencies of interest and tune the 2 CORDICs to +/- 22.5MHz, then decimate both RX streams until they are the right rate to contain your tuned signals of interest but pass freely over USB2.0 bandwidth.

It would be at least a days work for me to get that working well I suspect, and I'm very familiar with the FPGA code. Extrapolate your own milage accordingly. You should need very little new code, just a lot of shuffling of existing code, but you'll want a decent understanding of the workings of UHD and some verilog skills.

-Ian