[USRP-users] DVB-x (was: Again performance issues B210, while BladeRF performs fine)

Ron Economos w6rz at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 04:17:03 EDT 2015

Sorry for the late reply. Comcast blocks certain addresses
on re-mailers, and I missed your e-mail.

I have a bunch of DVB-T test streams on my website. They
are listed in this post on the Nuand forum.

http://nuand.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3499#p5124

Ron

Hi,

I adjusted the subject...

The issue with DVB-T were the 10 threads in FFT settings; reducing this to
one thread gives a stable and spectrum-wise OK looking signal, around 40dB
above noise when transmitted over a distance of one or two meters. So I took
my old laptop, went through the hassle installing a completely new Windows 7
and the DVB-T receiver stuff (DVBViewer and a RTL2832 based RX), and I was
able to find "something" on the chosen channel, with 55% signal strength, a
garbled channel name showed up, but no picture. At least somehow it looks
like a DVB-T signal, when I find some time I will try tweaking the settings
if I can get real reception. Oh, the receiver is OK, I can watch normal TV
with it, using just 15cm of wire as antenna. Next week I should have access
to a DVB-x antenna tester, maybe this beast can tell me more about the
signal.

What example with the supplied test.ts is recommended for being received
with a normal receiver?

Ralph.