[USRP-users] RFNOC - rfnoc_adder example

Itay Cnaan-On itay.cnaan.on at duke.edu
Wed Apr 1 15:50:31 EDT 2015

Hi,

We are trying to run the example that uses the ADDSUB block from gr_ettus.
When trying to run it, we get a message about not finding block AddSub_0:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/usrp/Desktop/usrp_install/pybombs/pybombs/src/gr-ettus/examples/rfnoc/rfnoc_add_sub.py", line 170, in <module>
    tb = rfnoc_add_sub()
  File "/home/usrp/Desktop/usrp_install/pybombs/pybombs/src/gr-ettus/examples/rfnoc/rfnoc_add_sub.py", line 83, in __init__
    "AddSub", 0, -1,
  File "/home/usrp/Desktop/usrp_install/pybombs/target/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ettus/ettus_swig.py", line 2824, in make
    return _ettus_swig.rfnoc_generic_make(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: Cannot find a block for ID: AddSub_0

>>> Done (return code 1)

We suspect that the FPGA default RFNOC image does not have the AddSub block. After installing it and running the probe command it gives the list of supported blocks and AddSub is not one of them:

-- ========== Full list of RFNoC blocks: ============
-- * 0/Radio_0
-- * 0/Radio_1
-- * 0/VectorIIR_0