[USRP-users] Error msg of `GLIBCXX_3.4.xx' not found for uhd_usrp_probe after doing Xilinx ISE environment setting

Isen I-Chun Chao chao926 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 14:19:55 EDT 2014


Hi,
I am building the FPGA image for X3x0 and met a problem about running '
*uhd_usrp_probe*' (or '*uhd_find_device*') after '*source settings64.sh*'

I use Ubuntu 14.04 on a x86_64 machine and with uhd-3.7.3rc1.

Since I am building the FPGA image with Xilinx ISE 14.6, I first set the
environment variable for Xilinx ISE, by running '*source
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/settings64.sh*' and then I am able to get a FPGA
image by running '*make X310_HGS*' in '*<uhd_dir>/fpga/usrp3/top/x300*'.

However, once I did '*source /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/settings64.sh*', I got
errors from running '*uhd_usrp_probe*' or '*uhd_find_device*' with the
following error messages.

/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /opt/uhd/lib/libuhd.so.003)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /opt/uhd/lib/libuhd.so.003)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /opt/uhd/lib/libuhd.so.003)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_program_options.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_program_options.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_date_time.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_regex.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_regex.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_regex.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_thread.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_serialization.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_serialization.so.1.54.0)
/opt/uhd/bin/uhd_usrp_probe:
/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libboost_serialization.so.1.54.0)


I thought this should be the environment variable problem. So I checked
them and there are only few env vars are changed and created as shown below:

Before '*source /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/settings64.sh*':
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/uhd/lib:/opt/gnuradio/lib
-
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games

After '*source /opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/settings64.sh*':
-LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/lib/lin64:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/smartmodel/lin64/installed_lin64/lib:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/lib:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/lib/lin64:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/common/lib/lin64:/opt/uhd/lib:/opt/gnuradio/lib
-PATH=/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/bin/lin64:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/util:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/sysgen/bin:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/../../../DocNav:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/PlanAhead/bin:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/bin/lin64:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/lin/bin:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/powerpc-eabi/lin/bin:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/arm/lin/bin:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_be/bin:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK/gnu/microblaze/linux_toolchain/lin64_le/bin:/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/common/bin/lin64:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
- XILINX_EDK=/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/EDK
- XILINX_DSP=/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE
- LMC_HOME=/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE/smartmodel/lin64/installed_lin64
- XILINX_PLANAHEAD=/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/PlanAhead
- XILINX=/opt/Xilinx/14.6/ISE_DS/ISE


Then, even I reset *LD_LIBRARY_PATH* and *PATH* to place '
*/opt/uhd/lib:/opt/gnuradio/lib*' and '
*/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games*'
at the beginning of these two variables, respectively, the error messages
still come up.

So I was wondering if anybody met this problem before or it should act like
this.
Thanks.








*Best Regards,Isen I-Chun Chao*
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/attachments/20140930/1ee9a431/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the USRP-users mailing list