[USRP-users] USRP-users Digest, Vol 49, Issue 25

Matt Ettus matt at ettus.com
Tue Sep 30 12:39:50 EDT 2014


We hope to put things out within a month or so.

Matt

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 8:47 AM, Marcus D. Leech via USRP-users <
usrp-users at lists.ettus.com> wrote:

>  I'm sure Matt would have better "crystal balling", but my personal
> impression is that RFNoC is still several months away from being a
>
>   thing one might want to share with the greater community.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On 2014-09-30 11:39, Isen I-Chun Chao via USRP-users wrote:
>
>  Hi
> Since Martin mentioned the biggest changes in FPGA code, which making it
> easier to build, I wonder if this release is the version with
> Network-on-Chip design tool, which I am currently waiting for. If so, I
> actually did not see any major change in usrp3/top/x300 in the fpga
> directory.
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> *Best Regards,Isen I-Chun Chao*
>
>
>
>>
>> Message: 7
>> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:07:52 -0700
>> From: Martin Braun <martin.braun at ettus.com>
>> To: "'USRP-users at lists.ettus.com'" <usrp-users at lists.ettus.com>
>> Subject: [USRP-users] [UHD-3.7.3-RC1] Bugfix Release Announcement
>> Message-ID: <54246808.2010904 at ettus.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> we'll soon be releasing another bugfix release (3.7.3) and are putting
>> out a release candidate for now. It is tagged at
>> https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhddev/tree/003_007_003_rc1.
>>
>> Users working off of the 'maint' branch will be automatically updated if
>> you run a 'git pull'.
>> Note: This RC includes new images, so do run uhd_images_downloader if
>> you update. There is no warning or error if you don't update the images
>> (because they are still compatible), but you won't benefit from the
>> stability changes we introduced.
>>
>> This RC mainly includes stability issues and bugfixes. The biggest
>> change is for the FPGA code, which is now easier to build.
>>
>> Enjoy!
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> 3.7.3-RC1 Changelog:
>> * Fixed examples
>> * Removed compiler warnings
>> * Fixed CBX LO settings (FRAC truncation)
>> * Fixed build issues for out-of-tree tools for some distros
>> * Fixed some logging strings (SBX, GPSDO)
>> * Improved logging (speedups, removed unnecessary cycles)
>> * Added output sync for DAC reference clocks on X300
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: USRP-users [mailto:usrp-users-bounces at lists.ettus.com] On Behalf
>> Of Martin Braun via USRP-users
>> > Sent: Thursday, 25 September, 2014 21:08
>> > To: 'USRP-users at lists.ettus.com'
>> > Subject: [USRP-users] [UHD-3.7.3-RC1] Bugfix Release Announcement
>> >
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > we'll soon be releasing another bugfix release (3.7.3) and are putting
>> out a release candidate for now. It is tagged at
>> > https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhddev/tree/003_007_003_rc1.
>> >
>> > Users working off of the 'maint' branch will be automatically updated
>> if you run a 'git pull'.
>> > Note: This RC includes new images, so do run uhd_images_downloader if
>> you update. There is no warning or error if you don't
>> > update the images (because they are still compatible), but you won't
>> benefit from the stability changes we introduced.
>> >
>> > This RC mainly includes stability issues and bugfixes. The biggest
>> change is for the FPGA code, which is now easier to build.
>> >
>> > Enjoy!
>> >
>> > Martin
>> >
>> > 3.7.3-RC1 Changelog:
>> > * Fixed examples
>> > * Removed compiler warnings
>> > * Fixed CBX LO settings (FRAC truncation)
>> > * Fixed build issues for out-of-tree tools for some distros
>> > * Fixed some logging strings (SBX, GPSDO)
>> > * Improved logging (speedups, removed unnecessary cycles)
>> > * Added output sync for DAC reference clocks on X300
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > USRP-users mailing list
>> > USRP-users at lists.ettus.com
>> > http://lists.ettus.com/mailman/listinfo/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com
>>
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
>> Name: PGP.sig
>> Type: application/pgp-signature
>> Size: 832 bytes
>> Desc: not available
>> URL: <
>> http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/attachments/20140925/05b99892/attachment-0001.sig
>> >
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 9
>> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:42:32 -0700
>> From: Martin Braun <martin.braun at ettus.com>
>> To: "'USRP-users at lists.ettus.com'" <usrp-users at lists.ettus.com>
>> Subject: Re: [USRP-users] [UHD-3.7.3-RC1] Bugfix Release Announcement
>> Message-ID: <54247028.9080107 at ettus.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> My apologies, the tag is actually to be found  here:
>> https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/tree/003_007_003_rc1
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin
>>
>>
>> On 25.09.2014 12:07, Martin Braun wrote:
>> > Hi everyone,
>> >
>> > we'll soon be releasing another bugfix release (3.7.3) and are putting
>> > out a release candidate for now. It is tagged at
>> > https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhddev/tree/003_007_003_rc1.
>> >
>> > Users working off of the 'maint' branch will be automatically updated if
>> > you run a 'git pull'.
>> > Note: This RC includes new images, so do run uhd_images_downloader if
>> > you update. There is no warning or error if you don't update the images
>> > (because they are still compatible), but you won't benefit from the
>> > stability changes we introduced.
>> >
>> > This RC mainly includes stability issues and bugfixes. The biggest
>> > change is for the FPGA code, which is now easier to build.
>> >
>> > Enjoy!
>> >
>> > Martin
>> >
>> > 3.7.3-RC1 Changelog:
>> > * Fixed examples
>> > * Removed compiler warnings
>> > * Fixed CBX LO settings (FRAC truncation)
>> > * Fixed build issues for out-of-tree tools for some distros
>> > * Fixed some logging strings (SBX, GPSDO)
>> > * Improved logging (speedups, removed unnecessary cycles)
>> > * Added output sync for DAC reference clocks on X300
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 10
>> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:44:41 -0700
>> From: Martin Braun <martin.braun at ettus.com>
>> Cc: usrp-users at lists.ettus.com
>> Subject: Re: [USRP-users] [UHD-3.7.3-RC1] Bugfix Release Announcement
>> Message-ID: <542470A9.5090907 at ettus.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> On 25.09.2014 12:32, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Will this also deal with the b210 issue discussed during the last days?
>>
>> If you're talking about the disconnect issues: As far as we know, they
>> only occur on the master branch, so the maint branch should be
>> unaffected. However, we're also working on that issue at the moment.
>>
>> > Thank you for all the continuous work on the code!
>>
>> You're very welcome! Expect more improvements in the future!
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin
>>
>> >
>> > Ralph.
>> >
>> >> -----Original Message-----
>> >> From: USRP-users [mailto:usrp-users-bounces at lists.ettus.com] On
>> Behalf Of Martin Braun via USRP-users
>> >> Sent: Thursday, 25 September, 2014 21:08
>> >> To: 'USRP-users at lists.ettus.com'
>> >> Subject: [USRP-users] [UHD-3.7.3-RC1] Bugfix Release Announcement
>> >>
>> >> Hi everyone,
>> >>
>> >> we'll soon be releasing another bugfix release (3.7.3) and are putting
>> out a release candidate for now. It is tagged at
>> >> https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhddev/tree/003_007_003_rc1.
>> >>
>> >> Users working off of the 'maint' branch will be automatically updated
>> if you run a 'git pull'.
>> >> Note: This RC includes new images, so do run uhd_images_downloader if
>> you update. There is no warning or error if you don't
>> >> update the images (because they are still compatible), but you won't
>> benefit from the stability changes we introduced.
>> >>
>> >> This RC mainly includes stability issues and bugfixes. The biggest
>> change is for the FPGA code, which is now easier to build.
>> >>
>> >> Enjoy!
>> >>
>> >> Martin
>> >>
>> >> 3.7.3-RC1 Changelog:
>> >> * Fixed examples
>> >> * Removed compiler warnings
>> >> * Fixed CBX LO settings (FRAC truncation)
>> >> * Fixed build issues for out-of-tree tools for some distros
>> >> * Fixed some logging strings (SBX, GPSDO)
>> >> * Improved logging (speedups, removed unnecessary cycles)
>> >> * Added output sync for DAC reference clocks on X300
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> USRP-users mailing list
>> >> USRP-users at lists.ettus.com
>> >> http://lists.ettus.com/mailman/listinfo/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com
>> >
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> USRP-users mailing listUSRP-users at lists.ettus.comhttp://lists.ettus.com/mailman/listinfo/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> USRP-users mailing list
> USRP-users at lists.ettus.com
> http://lists.ettus.com/mailman/listinfo/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/attachments/20140930/a69347c1/attachment-0002.html>


More information about the USRP-users mailing list