[USRP-users] b200 Overflows

Simon Brown simon at sdr-radio.com
Mon Sep 29 12:09:34 EDT 2014

Hi Marcus,

My system can cope, I can read 38.4 MHz from the bladeRF without any
problem. I have to first find someone who can run UHD.dll at 30MHz without
overrun issues then I can start diagnostics.

My other alternative is to replace UHD.dll for USB3-related devices L .

I'll try the benchmark tool, I hope it reports overruns, but first I have
presentations to write.

Simon Brown G4ELI
http://v2.sdr-radio.com

From: USRP-users [mailto:usrp-users-bounces at lists.ettus.com] On Behalf Of
Marcus D. Leech via USRP-users

There is no "flush the USB buffers, please" API call.  The overall reason
for overruns is that the hardware is delivering them faster than your
  system, overall, can cope.  The "harvester" of data in UHD is quite
efficient, so if things are running into trouble, it's usually the *overall*
system
  that is the cause.   There's usually no single cause, but a collection of
things all cooperating to hamper your ability to handle real-time data
flows.

The benchmark_rate tool that I mentioned last week can be used to get some
rough idea of what the basic "stack" from USB up to UHD can handle,
  without bringing in the complexity of actually "doing stuff" with the
resulting samples.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator