[USRP-users] X300 configuration with SSD setting

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Thu Sep 25 09:58:17 EDT 2014

Hi Jack,
In afraid this is something not inherently related to usrp usage, so this might not be the best place to ask. Usually, Ubuntu has community forums and a wiki that contain a lot of information, and also a rather active irc channel on freenode. Be sure to use a raid controller that really takes off as much load as possible from the cpu, which means that you'll want to have a hardware raid; configuration of that probably will include controller specific steps, so you'll need to google information on your specific device.

As a side note: a raid of two fast ssds might sound impressive, but the raw data rate of a dual channel 100MS/s stream in complex int16 is 800MB/s (1.6GB/s for GNU radio's default complex float32), and you'll need to make sure your storage system is sufficiently oversized to not only offer a high average rate but guarantee this rate in a worst case scenario as well as being able to catch up if for some reason your os needs to suspend storage to do something else. Also, there is significant file system overhead, both with respect to storage speed and cpu load, so you'll definitely need a rather beefy computer to handle all this.

Greetings,
Marcus