[USRP-users] Question on max. baseband bandwidth: can we go above 120 MHz on the TX side?

Ruben.Merz at swisscom.com Ruben.Merz at swisscom.com
Tue Sep 23 12:50:02 EDT 2014

Hi list,

We were discussing with some colleagues today whether to use a USRP (x300 specifically) to generate wideband noise with a basicTX for testing purpose. According to the data-sheet, the x300 can do 120 MHz of RF bandwidth from the host. But when I look into http://www.trondeau.com/storage/grcon14/presentations/Sep16_05_Ettus_Updates.pdf, I see 300+ MHz on slide 9. And if I look further in the spec, the DAC can go up to 800 MS/s.

Therefore my question: if we were to generate signals directly from the FPGA; would it be feasible to generate 400 MHz wide signals (I understand that the basicTX is limited to 250 MHz though)? Where would be the limitation?

Thanks for any comment
Ruben