[USRP-users] X3x0 PCIe ExpressCard benchmark_rate transmit test rate limit

Stan Vitebsky svite at lgsinnovations.com
Mon Sep 22 16:44:25 EDT 2014

Hi Michael,

I am getting the same results (~1.427Msps with benchmark_rate
--tx_rate=25e6) with the following configuration on my laptop (Eurocom
Panther 5SE):

Ubuntu 13.10 (kernel 3.11.0)
UHD 3.7.2
NI-USRP-RIO Driver:

$ modinfo nikal
filename: /lib/modules/3.11.0-12-generic/kernel/natinst/nikal/nikal.ko
author:         National Instruments Corporation
license:        Copyright (c) 2002-2014 National Instruments
Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.  Any and all use of the copyrighted
materials is subject to the then current terms and conditions of the
applicable license agreement, which can be found at
<http://www.ni.com/linux/>.
srcversion:     4084E53CA60B8FA4BEC7FDE
depends:
vermagic:     3.11.0-12-generic SMP mod_unload modversions

I think this should be close enough to your configuration to eliminate
the OS/driver factors.

Since I already ran this with 2 different X300, I am guessing the
problem must be with either the laptop, the card or the cable ?
If you have any other ideas to how to isolate the problem (without
buying new hardware), I'd really appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks,
-Stan