[USRP-users] B210 USB transfer error

Nowlan, Sean Sean.Nowlan at gtri.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 18 22:08:04 EDT 2014

Hi all -

I've seen this pop up now and again on this list. Basically while running an RX operation (osmocom_fft or uhd_fft) the B210 will sporadically disconnect from the USB 3.0 hub and then it will immediately reconnect. I can see this in dmesg and /var/log/syslog. It was suggested to me that this may be a power brown out issue since I have a TCXO GPSDO module mounted on board, but I observe the same error even while connected to wall power through the standard 6V, 3A power supply. Here is the console output I see.

UHD Error:
    The receive packet handler caught an exception.
    RuntimeError: usb rx6 transfer status: 5
UHD source block got error code 0xf
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'uhd::runtime_error'
  what():  RuntimeError: usb tx4 submit failed: LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE
Aborted (core dumped)

System info:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04)
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2; Boost_105400; UHD_003.007.002-94-ge56809a0?

Sean