[USRP-users] Questions on USRP N200 data streaming

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Sep 17 09:08:56 EDT 2014

The In-GNU Radio "blue" data format is complex float32, so it's 64b ==
8B per file sample; the complex int16 format is converted between the
cable and the GNU Radio USRP source output port to complex float. So:
8B*12.5e6 S/s * 10s = 100e6B* 10S = 1e9B ~= 1GB.
You probably want to use "output type"="complex int16" in the USRP
source, but you would also need to write your own Matlab loader (which
is not hard to do using the fread method).

You don't really need GNU Radio to just dump samples to a file; UHD
comes with tools like uhd_rx_cfile that do exactly that.

Greetings,
Marcus