[USRP-users] USRP B210 now green?

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Sep 16 09:23:32 EDT 2014

> @Ettus, did you experience similar customer reports, or why did you
> finally go to the larger connector? Anyway, a wise decision JWish it
> had been made earlier.

There were a few reports of connectors "leaving the building" under
not-unusual stress.  So, it was decided to move to the larger connector.

I had *exactly* the same issue with a HamItUp a couple of years
back--and again, within hours of my receiving it, knocked the board with
   a stiff USB cable attached, which neatly sheared-off the uUSB
connector.  NooElec updated to a standard "B" connector after that.

My sense is that uUSB connectors (and to a lesser degree, mini-USB)
really shine in situations like smart phones, where the connector is
surrounded
   by enclosure, and is very unlikely to experience any shear forces.
For naked boards, perhaps not such a good idea.  One lives and learns.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator