[USRP-users] USRP B210 now green?

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Tue Sep 16 03:42:02 EDT 2014

Be happy to receive the new one, the large USB connector is much more durable, and it can be replaced much more easily.

I killed the µUSb connector of my bladeRF by mopletely ripping it off the PCB, together with the pads :( A stiff USB cable wiped the PCB off the table, I caught it in the air and killed the connector. Of course this happens on the first day of a holiday, leaving me the next  ten days without SDR *grrr* Had to do real microsurgery, stereo microscope, thin wires, and lots of two component glue, to repair this. Costs were 1.25 EUR for the connector, and a whole lunch break of 30 minutes for the repair. Guess it will not survive a second such incident, and I really hope this will not happen to my white B210, obviously one of the last “old ones”.

@Ettus, did you experience similar customer reports, or why did you finally go to the larger connector? Anyway, a wise decision :) Wish it had been made earlier.

Ralph.