[USRP-users] uhd_usrp_probe error

Wenbin Toh wenbintoh90 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 01:59:25 EDT 2014

Hello all,

Recently, I tried to configure my Usrp x310 to work with my gnuradio
3.7.2.2. I used the command "uhd_usrp_probe" to test if the computer
recognise the connection. However, I received this error message as shown
below:

          linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.1; Boost_105300;
> UHD_003.007.001-release
>
> -- X300 initialization sequence...
> -- Determining maximum frame size... 1472 bytes.
> -- Setup basic communication...
> Error: RuntimeError: Expected FPGA compatibility number 0x4, but got 0x6.0:
> The FPGA build is not compatible with the host code build.
> Please run:
>
> sudo "/usr/lib/uhd/utils/uhd_images_downloader.py"
>
> After running the command as suggested, sudo
"/usr/lib/uhd/utils/uhd_images_downloader.py". I received another error
message which is shown below:

Images destination:      /usr/share/uhd/images
> Downloading images from:
> http://files.ettus.com/binaries/maint_images/archive/uhd-images_003.007.001-release.zip
> Downloading images to:   /tmp/tmpJ8nEqT/uhd-images_003.007.001-release.zip
>  23859 kB / 23859 kB (100%)
> Failed to install image archive: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
> 'decompressobj'
> This is usually a permissions problem.
> Please check your file system access rights and try again.
> You can run this again with the '--verbose' flag to see more information
> If the problem persists, please email the output to: support at ettus.com

I have no idea what I should do next. So I would sincerely hope someone
could enlighten me on what I should do next as I am new to this linux
system and is on the process of learning. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Wen Bin