[USRP-users] X300 PCIe Driver Issues

Andy Walls andy at silverblocksystems.net
Wed Sep 10 10:49:13 EDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 14:37 +0200, Marcus Müller via USRP-users wrote:
> Peter,
> my gut feeling is that Ubuntu brings down central parts of the network
> stack as soon as it think it should be offline, and that somehow kills
> the rio functionality.
[snip]
> If that doesn't help, you could set up a virtual device that is always
> (virtually) connected, and see if that fools Ubuntu.

FWIW, I've used the dummy NIC driver for things like this in the past:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/net/dummy.c

all transmitted packets get acknowledged and discarded, and it never has
data ready for read, AFAIK.

I have no idea if Ubuntu builds this kernel module by default, or if it
will even solve the problem.

Regards,
Andy