[USRP-users] External Tx/Rx switch control with B210

Ian Buckley ianb at ionconcepts.com
Tue Sep 9 15:42:58 EDT 2014

Sean,
By happy coincidence I started work on this long overdue project last Friday. You'll note that Ettus has just started shipping a new version of B2x0 that includes a new 10 pin 0.1" header (J504)  that will provide 8 bits of GPIO functionality with the same API as X3x0's front panel GPIO. (http://files.ettus.com/manual/page_gpio_api.html)
As a freebie I'm also throwing in a standard FPGA build option that reuses the 2 UART signal pins on J400 present on all B2x0 versions as 2 extra GPIO bits.
BTW, new GPIO header is 3.3V, UART header is 1.8V.

You could indeed if you wish easily grab the signal that drives the LED's within the FPGA and replicate it on the UART header with simple Verilog changes.

-Ian