[USRP-users] X300 PCIe Driver Issues

Marcus D. Leech mleech at ripnet.com
Tue Sep 9 15:27:07 EDT 2014

On 09/09/2014 03:20 PM, Peter Witkowski via USRP-users wrote:
> I receive a runtime error with a network cable disconnected.  For some
> reason, the driver fails to have the ability to pass packets on the
> loopback interface with an Ethernet cable disconnected.
>
> Here's exactly what's going on:
>
> user at new-tower:~$ uhd_usrp_probe --args "resource=RIO0"
> linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2; Boost_105400; UHD_003.007.002-82-g9d4167d9
>
> Error: RuntimeError: x300_find_pcie: Error enumerating NI-RIO devices.
> A connection could not be established to the specified remote device
> manager. Ensure that the devices are on, that NI-USRPRIO software is
> installed, and that the USRPRIO server is running and properly
> configured. (Error code -63040)
>
> With a network cable connected (doesn't matter if it's an internal
> network or external or even if my host machine is the sole machine
> plugged into a switch) it works just fine.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with resolving hostnames,
including 'localhost'.  If your computer is disconnected, and your DNS
   configuration requires everything to get resolved by your DNS server,
perhaps what's going on is that the code fails when it tries to connect
   to "localhost:<rio-port-number>".

With your network cable disconnected, what happens if you try:

ping localhost