[USRP-users] X300 PCIe Driver Issues

Peter Witkowski pwitkowski at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:20:02 EDT 2014

I receive a runtime error with a network cable disconnected.  For some
reason, the driver fails to have the ability to pass packets on the
loopback interface with an Ethernet cable disconnected.

Here's exactly what's going on:

user at new-tower:~$ uhd_usrp_probe --args "resource=RIO0"
linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2; Boost_105400; UHD_003.007.002-82-g9d4167d9

Error: RuntimeError: x300_find_pcie: Error enumerating NI-RIO devices. A
connection could not be established to the specified remote device manager.
Ensure that the devices are on, that NI-USRPRIO software is installed, and
that the USRPRIO server is running and properly configured. (Error code
-63040)

With a network cable connected (doesn't matter if it's an internal network
or external or even if my host machine is the sole machine plugged into a
switch) it works just fine.

--
Peter Witkowski
pwitkowski at gmail.com