[USRP-users] User Settings Bus on X3x0

Ian Buckley ianb at ionconcepts.com
Fri Sep 5 14:41:05 EDT 2014

I suspect the answer is neither in your case. The X310 has three separate settings buses, one in each radio, and the one you highlighted thats is multi-master and lives in the ZPU/core clock domain.

X310 differs from N210 in that the Radio's run asynchronously from much of the packet processing logic in the core.

The settings busses in the radios are exclusively mastered through direct UDP packets using the CHDR protocol (this having superseded VRT for USRP3 generation products).

If your custom logic runs at the radio clock rate, within the radio hierarchy, then logically your new settings bus registers should be placed on the settings bus within the (appropriate) radio.

-Ian