[USRP-users] Not getting white noise in a USRP N210

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Fri Sep 5 12:22:33 EDT 2014

Hi Harold,

On 05.09.2014 18:18, Harold Daniel Moreno Urbina wrote:
> Hello Marcus,
>
> (are you a bot?).
Negative, fleshling :)
> I have been reading about LO leakage and direct conversion architecture and
> I have found that other systems, configurations and hardware get similar
> frequency responses... so it seems the perfect explanation, I have to study
> more anyway :D.
> I am wondering how will this affect actual measurements.
This of course depends on what you want to measure, and how you plan to
do it. If moving the LO out of the decimated bandwidth is not an option
(*very* rarely the case with the N210, unless you're at the very edges
of the frequency range of your daughterboard), an even stronger notch
filter than on the LO might kill it for you, but will also destroy any
signal that was at the same location.

Greetings,
Marcus