[USRP-users] WBX V3 step size

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Mon Sep 1 12:10:34 EDT 2014

Hi Bob,
1) there is no uniform step size; this is because the synthesizer is
quite complicated; if you want to know more, I can only suggest looking
at the UHD LO synth c++ files in the UHD source repo, where the cascaded
loops used to determine the optimal tuning frequency are implemented and
the datasheet of the synth is referenced [1]
2) "No". GPSDOs eliminate the frequency offset to a feasible minimum;
there's still some frequency offset, but usually it's not really measurable.
3) Assuming this is the N2x0 GSPDO [2]: +-50ns.
4) yes, of course they would; this is called holdover stability, see [2].

Greetings,
Marcus

[1]https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/blob/9eb403f4299ea036a8fff2dc22209d3ae06374ed/host/lib/usrp/common/adf435x_common.cpp
[2]https://www.ettus.com/content/files/gpsdo-kit_4.pdf p.2