[USRP-users] UHD utilities

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Wed Oct 29 15:54:04 EDT 2014

Hi Stephen,

generally, you might always ask questions, and are encouraged to do so!
Please, the next time, use either the usrp-users mailing list as whole,
if possible.

uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::set_master_clock_rate(50e6)

is a mixture between the C++ function signature of the
set_master_clock(double frequency) method of the multi_usrp class, and
an actual call to it.
You'd have to integrate that into your C++ application in which you use
UHD; and yes, that will only affect your currently instantiated
multi_usrp instance.
I'm assuming you're currently not programming UHD applications, but are
trying to run examples with that clock rate.
When creating a multi_usrp object, you can specify arguments, among
these ist "master_clock_rate=XYZ", which will then lead to the usrp
being set up as specified. Again, this is only for the live time of that
object, which is intentional; every program that uses UHD has the
possibility to specify arguments and our examples generally allow you to
pass arguments like that.

Greetings,
Marcus