[USRP-users] Direction finding using the B210

Soumen Banerjee soumen08 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 02:03:42 EDT 2014

Hi Martin,

I completely understand what you are saying. Also, thanks a lot for the
links. Any specific one among them that you would recommend for a simple
explanation of complex baseband?

In fact, I just captured 1024 samples using the rx_samples_to_file example
and got a file that is 4096 bytes long. Since the type defaults to short,
Im guessing each sample is a complex number. A cursory look at the code
seems to confirm this. Is this like A+jB where the magnitude of the complex
number is the amplitude of the received signal and the phase is given by
arctan(B/A) ?

Thanks,
Soumen