[USRP-users] Direction finding using the B210

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Tue Oct 28 07:51:11 EDT 2014

On 10/28/2014 12:13 PM, Soumen Banerjee wrote:
> Hi,
> I do have gnuradio installed. I have been working with the uhd examples
> in C++ though. I guess Ill follow through with the rx_multi_samples
> example you suggested.
>
> Im afraid I dont completely understand your comments on baseband. If I
> understand correctly, what you are saying is that when we set the
> receiving center frequency on the B210, it automatically downconverts to
> baseband (removing the 5GHz carrier). Is this correct?

'Removing the 5 GHz carrier' is a bit ambiguous, but yes.

Not to sound patronizing here, but it's absolutely essential that you
understand what you're dealing with here before you start coding. The
concept of complex baseband is well explained in many textbooks and
websites, a list of them can be found here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/SuggestedReading

>From your comments, it seems like you're probably on the right track
anyway, but I seriously recommend you have a look at some of those
ressources to make sure you're speaking the same language as the rest of
the SDR community.

Have fun,
Martin