[USRP-users] Direction finding using the B210

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Tue Oct 28 06:17:08 EDT 2014

On 10/24/2014 08:06 AM, Soumen Banerjee via USRP-users wrote:
> Hi,
> I have setup uhd and gnuradio on my computer running Ubuntu 12.04 using
> the instructions on this page:
>
> http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/UHD_Linux
>
> I'd like to try receiving samples from both the channels and writing
> them to a file. What is the easiest way of achieving this?

Do you have GNU Radio installed? If so, that'll be the easiest way.

Otherwise, have a look at the rx_multi_samples example. It does not have
code to write to files, but you can easily add that.

> Say I have another SDR transmitting a random bitstream modulated over
> some high frequency carrier(chosen to avoid interference), do I get the
> bitstream as the samples out of the B210 or do I get samples of the
> modulated waveform. In essence, does the B210 perform some kind of
> down-conversion on the received signals?

All devices mix to baseband, most often directly (no IF). You will
receive complex baseband samples in your software.