[USRP-users] Buying antennae and RF Cable for USRP B210

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Tue Oct 28 06:03:28 EDT 2014

On 10/28/2014 07:34 AM, Soumen Banerjee via USRP-users wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a B210 with one VERT2450 antenna. For my application, I need to
> have two antennae separated by a baseline. To achieve this, I need to
> buy some more antennae and some RF cable. What parameters do I need to
> consider when buying these? I plan to work in the 5.7-5.8GHz ISM band.

RF cables come in different quality, mainly determined by their loss.
Your antenna should obviously match your frequency range, but also
depends on which application you are developing.
Remember that the B-Series (like all our current devices) has SMA
connectors, so make sure you buy something that matches that.

Do you have a local RF guru you can ask about these things? That might
yield better results than this list, where we don't really know what you
need.

Best results!

Martin