[USRP-users] Buying antennae and RF Cable for USRP B210

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Tue Oct 28 06:03:12 EDT 2014

As the B210 only outputs about 100mW, power is not a consideration.
Other than that, you have listet all the parameters you'll have to
consider, ie. target  frequency (taking into account acceptable
attenuation in the cabling) and bandwidth. That, together with SMA
connectors on the B210 end and 50Ohm impedance completely defines your
needs in cabling. As everywhere in engineering, there's a effort/cost vs
quality consideration to be made; cabling that has low attenuation up to
6GHz is a bit more costly, and it really depends on your power needs
whether you can buy the cheaper, high-attenuation cabling.

I don't know what your application looks like, so I can't really tell
you what you're looking for in an antenna. Is it directivity? Or maybe
the opposite? What about efficiency needs? Mechanical stability?
Protection against rain, storm, hail, lightning, birds, copper thieves...

Greetings,
Marcus