[USRP-users] N210 WBX annoying spurs while switching

Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras ralph at schmid.xxx
Thu Oct 23 02:56:39 EDT 2014

The signal theory behind is that a perfect steep rise (100% vertical on the scope screen) produces a signal peak of infinite bandwidth. Google for Dirac pulse, that makes it clear. Thus it is essential to do some ramping, to avoid interference to the neighbor channels.

A real world example where exactly this (almost) infinite bandwidth is the dedicated goal would be UWB, wireless USB and related stuff.

Ralph.