[USRP-users] Storing signals with full bandwidth of USRP x300/x310

Matt Ettus matt at ettus.com
Wed Oct 22 18:57:28 EDT 2014

Piotr,

The majority of users of X300/X310 are actually processing the data in real
time either in the host computer or in the FPGA.  Storing samples at 200
MS/s is possible, but not easy.  There are consumer-level SSDs which can do
sequential writes at about 500 MB/s:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8528/micron-m600-128gb-256gb-1tb-ssd-review-nda-placeholder

With 2 or 3 of those in a RAID configuration you should be able to keep up
if you design your app right.  That being said, you'll fill the drive
pretty quickly, so an array of cheaper spinning disks may make more sense.
Some people have had luck with 8 drive arrays.

Matt