[USRP-users] USRP-users Digest, Vol 50, Issue 20

Terry Stevenson terrysteve2 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 12:34:46 EDT 2014

Hi Soumen,

This sounds like a problem that I was having a while ago (assuming you're
on Ubuntu, otherwise I have no idea). It appears to be an issue in the UHD
driver, hopefully it is fixed in a future update. My workaround is a bit
weird, but I was able to make it stop crashing by first lowering the sample
rate, then raising it back up. For example, uhd_fft defaults to 1Msps, if I
leave it there, it runs a while and then crashes. If I lower it to 500 ksps
it runs awhile and still crashes. However, if I lower it to 250 ksps, then
raise it back to 500 ksps, it will run for weeks and still not crash. It's
very strange, but it's consistent. For reference, I'm using 3.7.2.

Hope this helps,
Terry