[USRP-users] Keep transmitted signal in USRP to overcome the limited host sample rate of E100/E110

Marcus Müller marcus.mueller at ettus.com
Tue Oct 21 07:11:03 EDT 2014

Jack,

the FPGA is not a storage device, and even if you could use all the
block RAM on the FPGA and add some more memory by using logic cells, you
won't store /much/ on the moderately sized E100 FPGA or even on the
E110's one. So, you'd be limited to short bursts of TX samples.

The question whether something is "simple work" heavily depends on the
experience of the one doing that work. Since you ask, I assume you're
not very experienced doing FPGA development; as that seems to exhibit a
rather steep learning curve, I'm afraid the answer is "it's not simple".

Greetings,
Marcus