[USRP-users] Most performant way to save samples to disk from a B200?

Ian Buckley ianb at ionconcepts.com
Tue Oct 21 03:05:28 EDT 2014

Hans,
This is a bit of a side note to your question but don't make the assumption that because the physical sample size that is transferred from the Radio IC to the FPGA is 12bits in size that the 16bit samples over the USB wire always contain 4 unused bits.
Many sampling configurations for a B200 will cause some amount of decimation to occur within the FPGA, and this in turn will cause the effective resolution of the signal to increase.
-Ian