[USRP-users] UHD Apps freeze with USRPB210

Hans Van Ingelgom hvaningelgom at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 23:30:57 EDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 6:07 AM, Banerjee, Soumen via USRP-users <
usrp-users at lists.ettus.com> wrote:

>  I was trying out the simple fm radio demonstration and that one kept
> crashing. No debug output, nothing. It just froze. So I thought Ill look at
> the basics and tried to run the uhd_fft app (from path). I put the sampling
> frequency in the FM band since I know the FM stations over here and I was
> able to see peaks at the expected frequencies, but its not a continuous
> FFT. It just freezes immediately after the first graph is plotted. Is there
> something that Im missing? Im inclined to think that the installation went
> all right because the peaks in the snapshot FFT match so well with the
> expected radio stations!

For that kind of troubleshooting, the first program to try is
uhd_usrp_probe. It locates the hardware, loads the fpga firmware and
reports the radio's capabilities.
A rookie mistake that I made myself is updating gnuradio and uhd without
getting the latest firmware. It caused all kinds of crazy behaviour.
Reading the output of that program will tell you what command to execute to
automatically download and install the latest firmware.