[USRP-users] N210 Stops Transmitting

Liwei xieliwei+usrp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:24:45 EDT 2014

Hi all,
    Sigh, should have known I'm not lucky enough to have this go away.
Couldn't get transmit to work without stopping when I checked in
today. Did the same things I did yesterday to try to replicate the
result, but no go.
    So here's the information requested.
    Unfortunately, I can't get tx_waveforms running long enough to see
it do anything on top, even with delay set to 0.5s. id hovers above
95% and us hovers below 4% or so:
        %Cpu(s):  1.0 us,  0.5 sy,  0.0 ni, 98.5 id,  0.0 wa,  0.0 hi,
 0.0 si,  0.0 st
    tx_waveforms seems to be doing nothing once transmission stops:
        PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM
TIME+ COMMAND
        4554 xieliwei -51   0  173568  11876  10756 S   0.0  0.1
0:00.09 tx_waveforms
    Here's how running tx_waveforms look like, the "S" appears
instantly and nothing gets transmitted:
$ /usr/lib/uhd/examples/tx_waveforms --rate 200000 --freq 144300000
--gain 20 --wave-type CONST
linux; GNU C++ version 4.8.2; Boost_105400; UHD_003.008.000-6-gbde8e9a3

Creating the usrp device with: ...
-- Opening a USRP2/N-Series device...
-- Current recv frame size: 1472 bytes
-- Current send frame size: 1472 bytes
Using Device: Single USRP:
  Device: USRP2 / N-Series Device
  Mboard 0: N210r4
  RX Channel: 0
    RX DSP: 0
    RX Dboard: A
    RX Subdev: WBXv3 RX+GDB
  TX Channel: 0
    TX DSP: 0
    TX Dboard: A
    TX Subdev: WBXv3 TX+GDB

Setting TX Rate: 0.200000 Msps...
Actual TX Rate: 0.200000 Msps...

Setting TX Freq: 144.300000 MHz...
-- Tune Request: 144.300000 MHz
--   The RF LO does not support the requested frequency:
--     Requested LO Frequency: 144.300000 MHz
--     RF LO Result: 144.299451 MHz
--   Attempted to use the DSP to reach the requested frequency:
--     Desired DSP Frequency: 0.000549 MHz
--     DSP Result: 0.000549 MHz
--   Successfully tuned to 144.300000 MHz
--
Actual TX Freq: 144.300000 MHz...

Setting TX Gain: 20.000000 dB...
Actual TX Gain: 20.000000 dB...

Setting device timestamp to 0...
Checking TX: LO: locked ...
Press Ctrl + C to stop streaming...

    As for NetworkManager being the cause, I have it set to manual
configuration, no go. It won't explain how receive works fine while
transmit stops too, and the problem is the same on OS X on an entirely
different laptop. Nothing in the system logs too.

    I'm starting to suspect that the N210 I have is faulty.

Thanks
Liwei