[USRP-users] Boost Requirements (Was: 3.8.0 build issues on centos 6)

Martin Braun martin.braun at ettus.com
Thu Oct 16 08:01:01 EDT 2014

On 10/15/2014 12:21 AM, Stan Vitebsky via USRP-users wrote:
> I have trouble building newly released uhd 3.8.0 on Centos 6 (3.10.33
> kernel).
> [...]
> I suppose this is because this file doesn't exist in boost 1.41, which
> is default for Centos 6.
> Does this mean that Centos 6 will no longer be supported by uhd?

Everyone,

we will indeed be bumping our minimum Boost version to 1.46 for 3.8.0.
As you've already discussed in this thread, this doesn't mean we CentOS
6 won't work anymore, as it's a simple matter to update Boost.
If you're using PyBombs to install UHD, this will automate the process
for you.

A short note on distros: We will make an effort to make UHD build on any
not-too-old Linux (and other OSes) that meet our dependencies, but we
mainly test on current Ubuntu and Fedora versions (those for which we
also provide binary installers), Mac OS X and Windows 7. If it doesn't
matter to you which distro you're using, we thus recommend Ubuntu or
Fedora, but as I said, we'll do our best to write portable code to make
it work on most platforms.

Cheers,
Martin