[USRP-users] Receiving problem with USRP N210

Su Li liisuu1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 11:02:16 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have an USRP N210 with RFX2400 2.3-2.9GHZ RX/TX. I am trying to build a
communication link between Tmote sky wireless sensor node and USRP N210.

I use Tmote sky node to repeatedly broadcast messages on radio channel 26
with power level 31 (=0dBm). The code I use is the example code of Contiki
and I can receive this broadcast message by a receiver implemented by a
Tmote sky node.

However, I cannot receive the message on USRP N210. When I tried to check
the signal that the antenna received, I found nothing except the noise. In
GNU radio companion, I just used a UHD-USRP Source with frequency at
2.48GHz to get the signal from USRP and check them in a  Scope sink. I
thought the power of the received signal would increase a lot when the
sensor node broadcast messages. But I did not see a large increment of the
amplitude of the signal. I also tried using trigger to catch the burst
spike, but I failed.

Anyone can give me some suggestions to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Su