[USRP-users] Usrp Gain Settings

drpaulcreaser drpaulcreaser at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Oct 13 20:34:30 EDT 2014

Hi

I currently have a usrp x310 with a sbx daughter board.

Using the uhd driver, I can set the transmission and reception gains.

I assume there are two gain types on the usrp:

1 Daughter board- ADC gain
2 Digital Gain which may occur in the fpga.

I am assuming the software/firmware automatically splits the gain between gain types.

Another assumption I am making is the gain is fixed. There is no AGC functionality?

Are these assumptions correct? I come from a software engineering background, so apologies if these questions are a bit basic.

Best Regards